Top 10 positive reads … online!
To read is to fly: it is to soar to a point of vantage which gives a view over wide terrains of history, human variety, ideas, shared experience and the fruits of many inquiries. A C Grayling
Most people log onto the internet every day, and yet we still have our ups and downs. Perhaps all you need is some inspiration or a bit of a laugh to give you more energy on certain days … you just need to know where to look. So I have compiled a list of my top 10 favourite (non-cult-like) websites that inspire me and help me stay happy when life feels like it’s getting harder. The best things in life are free – just like your happiness and these fantastic websites!
1. Happiness Weekly (www.happinessweekly.wordpress.com – nothing like a bit of self-promotion!) Read on to get some great tips for how to maintain gain or maintain happiness in different situations. You happiness is something that can be worked on all the time. When you’re happy, the people surrounding you will also be happy.
2. Action for happiness (www.actionforhappiness.org) – you’re not going to be happy without taking action first! This is a fantastic organisation offering many inspiring and insightful messages to move you towards happiness. Follow them on Facebook and Twitter to keep up-to-date!
3. Oprah Winfrey’s website (www.oprah.com) – check out her blog! Whether she writes it or not, it’s a great way to fill in time and it’s impossible to walk away feeling miserable – it’s like an episode of Oprah in writing!
4. In need of a good laugh? When times are tough and you’ve lost all ability to laugh at yourself – laugh at other people (and their thoughts and creations) by checking out these sites:
5. Motivational wellbeing (www.motivationalwellbeing.com) – if you’re feeling down you may just be in need of a little motivation and this is the place to get it! Check out some great videos, articles, quotes, tips and tricks here – all about motivation!
6. Happy fun corp (www.happyfuncorp.com) – this one is a little different. There’s not a lot to do on the webpage but listen to music (and it suggests dancing?) and read happy thoughts. The part I like most is that readers can contribute and share their own happy thoughts as well.
7. Dramatic reading from a break up (www.youmakemetouchyourhandsforstupidreasons.ytmnd.com) – Just get your heart stomped on in a tragic break up? Finding it impossible to smile? This dramatic reading is bound to make you laugh!
8. Positively positive (www.positivelypositive.com) – this is a fantastic little positive news site with some great quotes. At its core, Positively Positive is about optimism and inspiration. About seeing the possibility within each person—and within each day gifted us. It’s about wisdom and how we lift one another up to richer, more fulfilling lives. It’s about tapping into our true nature and capacity.
9. Optimist World (www.optimistworld.com) – possibly the best and most up-to-date news site I could find. Optimist World brings you positive news which shows the very best of the human spirit and helps to show that good news can help to counteract the bad by reminding us what an amazing world we live in. This website seeks to bring to light those inspirational stories that are often not picked up by the TV channels or newspapers to provide an antidote with good news and positive tales.
10. Positivity blog (www.positivityblog.com) – very similar to Happiness Weekly, this blog gives advice, tips and strategies that you need to succeed with living more consciously, simplifying your life, being happier, creating new habits, improving your self-discipline, reducing procrastination, learning to be mindful, getting into shape, identifying and understanding your blocks, improving your people skills and relationships and increasing your self-esteem and self-confidence.
Tags: 9gag, A C Grayling, ability, accept, acceptance, accepting, accomplish, accomplishment, achieve, achievement, action for happiness, advice, amazing world, antidote, articles, belief, beliefs, best of human spirit, better, blocks, break up, break up letter, capacity, challenge, challenge yourself, challenges, change, changes, changing, charity, clients from hell, compilation, compiled, compiled a list, contribute, counteract, creating, creations, cult, dancing, decision, decision making, decisions, development, different, different situations, dramatic, dramatic reading, each person, emotion, emotional, emotions, endorphin, endorphins, energy, enhance, episode, excuse, excuses, exercise, express, expression, Facebook, family, fantastic organisation, fantastic websites, feelings are a decision, free, friend, friends, fruits, fulfilling lives, gain, gifted, goal, goals, good news, gracious, grateful, gratitude, grow, growing, happier, happiest, happiness, happiness is a choice, happiness weekly, happy, Happy Fun Corp, happy place, happy thoughts, heart, helps, hints, history, hobby, hormone, hormones, how to, human spirit, human variety, ideas, identifying, improve your life, improvement, improvements, improving, inquiries, insightful, inspiration, inspirational, inspirational stories, inspire, inspired, inspiring, internet, laugh, laughter, learn, learning, letter, life, list, listen to music, living more consciously, log onto, lover, lovers, maintains, messages, mindful, motivate, motivated, motivating, motivation, motivational, motivational wellbeing, new habits, news, non-cult, opportunity, Oprah, Oprah Winfrey, optimism, optimist world, other people, own, passion, passionate, peace, people skills, perception, personal development, point, positive, positive thinking, positively positive, positivity, positivity blog, possibility, procrastination, quotes, read, readers, reads, relationships, reminding, responsibility, responsible, richer, Sarah, Sarah Webb, self development, self promotion, self-confidence, self-discipline, self-esteem, self-satisfaction, self-talk, shape, share, shared experience, situation, slay my boredom, soar, strategies, stress, succeed, Sydney, Sydney Australia, tactics, take responsibility, tales, terrains, text from dog, thankful, thinking, thoughts, tips, top 10 favourite websites, tough, tricks, true nature, Twitter, understanding, up-to-date, ups and downs, value, values, vantage, videos, view, Webb, webpage, weekly, wide, wisdom, Wordpress, work on it, www.happinessweekly.wordpress.com, you make me tough your hands for stupid reasons
About happinessweeklyHappiness Weekly encourages readers to proactively work towards a successful, happy and secure existence. Just like happiness – Happiness Weekly is for everyone.
- RT @_rosierees: I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/jodhovumkHQ?a Select the right relationship | Alexandra Redcay | TEDxUpperEastSide 1 day ago